Here are his updates:
- He can spell his name :-)
- He talks a lot now and can have a conversation with us. Once he asked me to help open a bottle cap and I asked him why. His answer: It's not open. Such logic!
- He's even making up his own words! When we ask him what it means, he would say it's Chinese for whatever that comes to his mind! The first we heard was 'markerverse' but he didn't have a meaning for that. He made up a word for 'apartment in Chinese' but we can't remember what it is.
- He has begun reading. He has finished Peter and Jane Book 1a and is now on 1b. We weren't very sure whether he was actually reading or he had memorised the book, so we tested him by pointing to some of the words elsewhere. He seemed to be able to recognise them :-) He also showed signs of being able to apply his phonics knowledge to a certain extent :-)
- He likes to sing. His current favourites are 'Fly, fly, fly, the butterfly', 'Christ in the vessel', and 'Deep and wide'.
- For better or worse, he has been taught to use the mouse on the computer at home. Now the boys take turns at the 'computer control'. We would tell them that when the long hand of the clock reaches a certain number, so-and-so would get a turn using the mouse. Thankfully, they comply to this arrangement.
- He is practically toilet trained and is off the diaper in the day time. We still get accidents on and off, though. He still wears diapers when sleeping at night.
- On the not-so-cute side, he has the habit of biting, pinching and beating Julian whenever he is unhappy with him :-(
[Justin caught with his pants up]