Here are some observations in the run-up to his first birthday:
- Not much changes in his milk and solid intake. He's still on direct or expressed breast milk, and supplemented with formula every 2-3 hours. He takes about 3oz at each feed. As for his solids, he takes 2 porridge or cereal meals during the day, and a snack for dinner.
- He has 6 teeth: 4 incisors on top and 2 incisors at the bottom.
- Can blow flying kisses.
- Can clap hands.
- Refuses to sleep when he sees Julian awake.
- Willing to sit in the car seat most of the time, but sometimes prefer to stand in the seat *slaps forehead*.
- Has started to walk unaided! He started with 2 steps and progressed to 4 steps on 20 July 2010. Just a day or two before his birthday, he was doing about 6 steps. He usually reverts to crawling because it's faster :o).
- He is making more and more different sounds. He makes a funny sound when laughing... something like the cranking of a car engine when it starts.
- When he doesn't get what he wants, he sometimes clenches his fists and appears to shiver.
- We've sometimes managed to get him to pass motion in the potty.
[Not happy about something]
[Justin doing the cup-crawl]
We celebrated Justin's first birthday with lunch at Sea Palace Restaurant in Taman Pekaka, Penang. We booked 2 tables. Keeping to our "tradition", we baked yet another teddybear cake. This time it's a banana and orange polar bear cake. It took about 9 hours over 2 days to complete.
[Justin's banana and orange polar bear birthday cake]
[Happy Birthday To Youuuuu.... now blow! *phhffff* (photo taken by Niq)]
[I'm ONE! (photo taken by Niq)]
Happy 1st Birthday, Justin!