Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

Birthday Birding

I was recently on leave on my birthday and decided that I would go birding. I headed to USM's Bird Valley (behind the Chancellory building, next to the School of Social Sciences). Was not very successful here... only managed to take a photo of a golden orb weaver spider.

Nephila pilipes
[Golden orb weaver spider (likely a Nephila pilipes)]

I then headed to the circular road surrounding the School of Pharmacy. Had better shots here.

White-throated kingfisher
[White-throated kingfisher keeping an eye on a dragonfly]

Olive-backed sunbird
[Olive-backed sunbird]

Olive-backed sunbird
[Another shot of the olive-backed sunbird]

Yellow-vented bulbul
[Yellow-vented bulbul]

Some months ago, I caught this olive-backed sunbird on our apartment balcony.

Olive-backed sunbird on balcony
[Olive-backed sunbird on balcony railing]

3 comments:

YuNiq said...

Happy "bird"-day! Nice shots!

Chui Ying said...

Nice photos, especially the kingsfisher watching the dragonfly. I think is not easy to get this scene.

giddy tigress said...

Awesome shots! And happy belated birthday to you, Bart! Maybe u could try taking some shots of those monkeys near our home! :P