Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Nearly the Most Costly Cucur in the World

On 30 May 2009, we took a drive out to a roadside stall in Taman Tun Sardon to buy some pisang goreng (banana fritters) and cucur udang (prawn fritters) for afternoon tea. When we arrived home, I noticed my wallet was missing. I thought it had probably fell out of my pocket and onto the car seat while driving. So, we had tea first, and while still eating, I received an SMS message on my mobile phone with the message "Plz call me". Being suspicious, I didn't call back.

Later, when I couldn't find it in the car, I got worried, and drove immediately to the stall only to be disappointed. I then decided to call the person who SMSed me earlier but before I could, the phone rang - it was from that person. He asked me if I had lost something and that he had found my wallet. He proceeded to give me directions to his home. He probably deduced my phone number from my name card and identity card.

Arriving at his home, I was greeted by a gentleman probably in his late fifties or early sixties. He returned my wallet with its contents practically intact (I actually don't know exactly how much cash I have) except that some stuff were not in their original order as they had been taken out during inspection. He had found it at the roadside stall. I offered to give something in return but he declined, and he asked me to do the same to others. Before I left, he advised me to check the contents, saying, "there's a lot of money inside" (as there were still some US dollars in it from our trip to Vietnam).

Thank God that my ordeal ended the way it did. Otherwise, it would have been the most costly "cucur" in the world.

Cucur
[Taman Tun Sardon Cucur: One of the best we have tasted]

5 comments:

cre8tone said...

Never try b4.. Since it's costly should b yummy!

JC said...

Glad to know nice and honest ppl still exist.

The cucur looks sedap! :p~

KittyCat said...

I gather that he's an elderly Malay man? He's unbelievably honest and trusting - even inviting you to his home to pick it up! You should send him something for Father's Day :)

I had a similar experience in uni too last time - a Malay guy found my wallet and had a really tough time tracking me down. Took him nearly a week!

But he finally did and I was so thankful (coz cash, IC, driving licence, bank cards not to mention a nagging boyfriend then), I sent him a basket of fruits as a gesture of thanks.

Later, he became part of my Management and English group projects hahaha I think I can still remember his face if I see him again...

Never forget the face of an angel :)

jacss said...

hi, u r indeed lucky to meet such an honest person!! btw, the cucur looks so delicious... :)P

YuNiq said...

God bless the Good Malaysian!